Thanks for checking out my BLOG (or online magazine.) Having been an educator for almost three decades I know how to boil down the essential information you need about this important topic. Each entry will provide you with lots of essential information in an engaging and educational way.
PLEASE leave comments and tell your friends.
My approach is to collect and consolidate five or more articles from credible media sources that cover a particular important issue or topic. I cut out at least half of each article because of redundancy or irrelevance. You can always click the highlighted titles to read full articles. I also encourage you to read more detailed coverage from the media sites I have listed to the right.
My name is Dr. Tom Hoban. I have been a professor at NC State University for almost 25 years. My formal education was innovative and interdisciplinary. That is the background I bring to this BLOG.
- Ecology and Conservation (BS University of Illinois)
- Water Management (MS – University of Wisconsin)
- Life Science Communication (MS – University of Wisconsin)
- Rural Sociology (PhD – Iowa State University)
I recently created a consulting practice to help promote positive social and cultural change called “Social Innovation Solutions.” Now more than ever communities and organizations need new ideas and approaches for addressing a growing number of urgent social problems. Most of the fundamental institutions of our current society (e.g., schools and government) have been in place for centuries. That site documents how people and organizations are practicing social innovation.
I was a pioneer in university-based distance education. This represents my fourth BLOG here on WordPress. The others include:
- Dr. Tom’s HipHappy Times – Get Hip, Happy, High and Healthy Through Learning, Laughing, and Loving Life
- Help Build a New and Improved Haiti… Through Education, Enlightenment, Engagement and Empowerment!!
- Music Makes Our Lives Magical and Meaningful
Hope you become informed and inspired on these websites.